Careers at CTN
Data Entry Specialist
FLSA Status: Full time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Broadband Program Administrator
Click HERE to apply
Colorado Hospital Association (CHA) is the leading voice of Colorado’s hospital and health system community. Representing more than 100 hospitals and health systems throughout the state, CHA serves as a trusted, credible and reliable resource on health issues, hospital data and trends for its members, media, policymakers and the general public. Through CHA, Colorado’s hospitals and health systems work together in their shared commitment to improve health and health care in Colorado.
Colorado Telehealth Network (CTN) is a not for profit organization formed in 2008 as a result of two Federal Communications Commission awards totaling $9.5M to provide Colorado with a dedicated, statewide broadband telehealth network. CTN is a statewide health care information network that uses high-speed, broadband technology to help hospitals, clinics, physicians and other health care providers share medical information over large geographic distances. CTN links more than 200 hospitals, behavioral health providers, clinics and other health care groups throughout rural and urban Colorado to improve access to health care services for all.
The Data Entry Specialist is a key role that will support various aspects of billing and invoicing. The successful candidate will be effective and experienced in general data entry invoicing to ensure the timely and accurate processing of invoices on behalf of CTN. Additionally, the successful candidate will possess strong problem solving skills, work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, decision making skills and ability to work with others. This position requires solid data entry experience combined with strong analytical skills.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize vendor accounts for monthly invoice entry
- Review monthly invoices for required elements and investigate inconsistencies
- Identify and communicate errors in documents
- Identify disputes with carriers on behalf of customers
- Confirm accuracy of vendor invoices
- Evaluate all invoices for federal compliance per program
- Ensure timely and accurate invoice processing
- Maintain and update member inventory and track changes in CTN database
- Maintain member contact information in CTN database
- Track and communicate status of monthly invoices
- Complete routine quality assurance checks for accuracy
- Store electronic documentation in accordance with department processes
- Assist with maintenance of strong internal controls and process documentation
- As assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required (unless otherwise noted):
- 2-4 years’ experience in data entry
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office with intermediate to advanced Excel skills – ability to create formulas (including V-lookups and Pivot Tables a plus)
- Demonstrated experience with reconciliations
- Excellent mathematical and computational skills
- Ability to apply strong problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated skills and experience in managing goals through collaboration and teamwork
- Self-starter, ability to work independently
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Strong interpersonal skills
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated customer service orientation
- Demonstrated organizational skills and personable positive attitude
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and within short deadlines
- Analytical problem solving ability
- Ability to handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to handle confidential information and situations discreetly and professionally
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and to complete tasks on time
- Basic reading, writing and strong arithmetic skills required
- Professional telephone and email etiquette, professional appearance and demeanor, able to interact with all levels within the organization
- Self-starter with a strong desire to learn
- Maintains prompt and regular attendance
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions are normal for a fast-paced office work environment.
- Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed.
- May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files on a regular basis. Proper lifting techniques required.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Cell phone
- Personal computer with Microsoft Office software applications.
- Software applications specific to CTN
- Multi-line telephone with voice mail
- Copy machine
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor. Nothing in this job description shall create or is intended to create, or shall be construed to constitute a contract of employment, express or implied. Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.